If you’re craving Chinese take-out and can’t wait for delivery, these 15-minute easy Vegetable Lo Mein will save the day! They’re healthier, faster, and better than takeout!
Lo Mein is one of those dishes that’s just loaded with so much goodness! Chewy bouncy noodles, crisp veggies, a savory sauce, & tender protein if you’re up for it!
You want to satisfy your noodle craving ASAP, look no further! This better than takeout recipe is what your stomach is looking for.
What You’ll Need:
- Choosing Lo Mein Noodles: I HIGHLY recommend buying pre-cooked lo mein noodles out of convenience! Fresh noodles will always be so much faster to cook than dried. You can find them in the refrigerated section of Asian markets, however, if you have a hard time finding them, spaghetti noodles can also work as an alternative.
- Vegetables: This recipe includes red bell peppers, mushrooms, snap peas, & bean sprouts, which add robust flavor and texture while cooking in only a few minutes!
Tips for Easy Vegetable Lo Mein
- Prep for Success: The most important thing in stir-fries is having all your ingredients ready before turning on the stove. Things move very quickly when cooking and the last thing you want is scrambling to gather ingredients. You might find your food burnt!
- Keeping Vegetables Fresh & Crunchy: When cooking, keep things moving and pay close attention to the vegetables so they don’t overcook. They should be cut thinly so they’ll finish cooking quickly!
- Size Matters: When cooking, especially in stir-fries, you want the ingredients to be cut in similar sizes and styles so they finish cooking at the same time. You don’t want some vegetables raw while others are soggy!
Note that this easy Vegetable Lo Mein recipe is highly customizable! Have any vegetables or protein hanging out in the back of your fridge? This Lo Mein recipe i
Complete Your Meal with Other Restaurant Faves at Home!
- Honey Walnut Shrimp Recipe (Better than Takeout!)
- BEST Beef & Broccoli Recipe (Quick & Easy!)
- 5-Minute Quick Egg Fried Rice (Quickest & Easiest EVER!)
- Wonton Soup Recipe (Simple & Delicious!)
- Bok Choy with Garlic Sauce (Restaurant-Quality!)
Did You Make This Recipe & Hungry for More?
Follow along @MikhaEats on Instagram and Tiktok for drool-worthy step-by-step videos. Tag @MikhaEats on Instagram stories for a chance to be featured!
And don't forget to rate this recipe with 5 stars below so others can enjoy it as well!
15-Minute Easy Vegetable Lo Mein
- ¼ medium onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ginger grated
- 2 shiitake mushrooms sliced
- ¼ red bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ cup cabbage shredded
- ⅓ cup snap peas
- 5 oz lo mein noodles
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- Prepare noodles according to the package. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan or wok on medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil then once it’s hot, toss in onions. Saute for about 1 minute or until they begin to become tender but still crunchy. Add in garlic and ginger and saute for a few more seconds. Add in mushrooms, bell peppers, and snap peas. Cook for about 1 - 2 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Add in cabbage then cook for another 1 - 2 more minutes. Toss in noodles and pour in the sauce. Continuously stir until everything is well coated. Finish with the mung bean, give it a final few tosses until they slightly wilt, then turn off the heat. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and provided for informational purposes. Nutrition may vary based on product availability, methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients, etc. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.