Turn any weeknight dinner into an umami-filled meal! This Sesame Garlic Chicken recipe is incredibly easy to make and much faster than any take-out. This is made in one-pot and doesn’t require any frying, so you have minimal cleanup… In fact, your family may like their plates clean!
Restaurant Secret to the Most Tender Meat
Have you ever eaten at a Chinese restaurant and wondered how they got their chicken or beef to be SO incredibly tender? There’s one super simple hack that’s a complete game changer!
It’s no secret that many sauces use cornstarch to thicken (which is part of why we’re using it!). BUT, if you coat your chicken in cornstarch and let it sit for a few minutes, it acts as a tenderizer as well.
*BOOM* Are you mind blown yet?!
What to Serve with Sesame Garlic Chicken
Typically, this honey sesame chicken can be served with steamed rice or noodles. I like to switch it up though and include more veggies. Here are some favorites!
Did You Make This Recipe & Hungry for More?
Follow along @MikhaEats on Instagram and Tiktok for drool-worthy step-by-step videos. Tag @MikhaEats on Instagram stories for a chance to be featured!
And don't forget to rate this recipe with 5 stars below so others can enjoy it as well!
Sesame Glazed Chicken
For the Sauce:
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thigh cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tablespoon ginger thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 green onions thinly sliced, optional
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together until the honey is dissolved. Set aside.
- Coat the chicken with cornstarch, then set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add about a tablespoon of oil to the pan, then saute the garlic and ginger for a couple of seconds.
- Add the chicken cook until about 90% done. They should have nice browning but still spring back, instead of being firm like when they're fully cooked.
- Pour in the sauce mixture and cook for about 3 - 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the sauce has reduced to a thick sauce.
- Turn off the heat and finish with sesame oil, sesame seeds, and green onions, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and provided for informational purposes. Nutrition may vary based on product availability, methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients, etc. For the most accurate nutritional information, use your preferred nutrition calculator, actual ingredients, and quantities used for the recipe. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian if more precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Leave a Reply