These Salmon Summer Rolls are refreshing, healthy, and bursting with all kinds of flavors and textures! The salmon is baked in a savory garlicky sauce then packed with fresh crisp veggies and bundled in chewy rice paper. Needless to say, this dish has quickly climbed up to one of my FAVORITE all-time dishes!
Tips for Rolling Your Salmon Summer Rolls
- Avoid the Mistake of Soggy Summer Rolls: When wetting the rice paper wrappers, it’s important to dampen them just enough to be pliable, but not soaked. If the rice paper is too wet, it’ll become soggy and harder to manage with the rest of your ingredients.
- Prepping the Right Surface: Rice paper can be sticky when it starts to dry. To avoid your rice paper getting stuck to the surface, add a little water to dampen a clean surface. It’s SO much easier to peel off!
- The Perfect Goldilocks Wrapping: Summer rolls are generally easier to eat when they’re wrapped tightly snug together, so it doesn’t fall apart when you eat it. Too tight, though, and you’ll risk ripping the rice paper. Remember when rolling these salmon summer rolls, not too tight and not too loose!
These salmon summer rolls are simple and flavorful, however, don’t be afraid to play around with the fillings! Swap out or add your favorite veggies or protein. Here are a few ideas:
- Sliced red bell peppers
- Vermicelli noodles
- Fresh cilantro
- Green onions
- Grilled tofu
- Grilled lemongrass chicken or pork
- Sesame seeds
Enjoy More Light Dishes
- Korean Soft Steamed Egg (10 Minutes Only!)
- Garlic Edamame Recipe (Quickest Snack EVER!)
- Mochi Covered Strawberries (Sweet & Refreshing!)
- Korean Spicy Cold Noodles (15 Minutes Only!)
Did You Make This Recipe & Hungry for More?
Follow along @MikhaEats on Instagram and Tiktok for drool-worthy step-by-step videos. Tag @MikhaEats on Instagram stories for a chance to be featured!
And don't forget to rate this recipe with 5 stars below so others can enjoy it as well!
Baked Salmon Summer Rolls
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 - 3 Thai chilies thinly sliced, adjust to your spice level
Ingredients for Spring Rolls
- 8 rice paper sheets
- 1 cucumber julienned
- 2 carrots julienned
- 2 avocados thinly sliced
- Handful basil
- Handful mint
Cook the Salmon
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the seasoning sauce ingredients, except for the salmon. Reserve half of the sauce to add to the spring rolls later.
- Coat the salmon in half of the seasoning sauce, then transfer them to a lightly oiled baking sheet. Cook salmon for 6 minutes then turn oven heat to broil. If your oven doesn’t have a broil option, you can cook at 525° F. Cook until the top of the fish is golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes, then cut the fish into 8 total pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the dipping sauce then set aside.
Assemble the Spring Rolls
- Dampen a rice paper sheet by dipping it in warm water enough to be pliable, but not soggy. Lay on a clean wet surface.
- Add vegetables in the center of the rice paper, leaving 2 -inch spaces on both ends of the rice paper. Bring the bottom of the rice paper sheet over the vegetables and gently tuck the rice paper so it’s taught.
- Pour a little of the seasoning sauce above the vegetables & place a piece of salmon on top of the sauce.
- Fold the right and left sides of the rice paper toward the center. Roll the spring roll to the top until it’s sealed. Repeat for the remaining spring roll ingredients.
- Serve immediately with the dipping sauce and enjoy!
- Vegetables: Feel free to swap out or add in any of your favorite veggies. This is a great opportunity to use any vegetables hanging out in the back of the fridge that need to be eaten.
- Storage: Tightly wrap any leftover spring rolls individually in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge. If the rice paper turns hard, simply dampen it again with some water to soften it back up.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and provided for informational purposes. Nutrition may vary based on product availability, methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients, etc. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.