This quick veggie side dish is SO easy and delicious… And the best part is that you won’t have to dirty any pots or pans! This Korean cucumber salad recipe is perfect when you’re tight on time (or lazy like me haha) to make an elaborate vegetable side. There’s beauty (and deliciousness!) in simplicity!
Korean Cucumber Salad Recipe
I’ll admit, I’m not the hugest fan of salads. BUT when it’s spiced up just right, THAT’S a different story! This Korean cucumber salad, or oi muchim, is oh so tangy, just a little spicy, and addictively crunchy. It’s the ULTIMATE summertime snack or side.
In Korean, “oi” means cucumber, and “muchim” means tossed in seasonings. When all of the spicy, nutty, and bright seasonings are combined, you’ll get an explosion of texture and flavors. You’ll find yourself going back for more!
You are just a few minutes away from sinking your teeth into a light, crisp, and refreshing cucumber salad like you’ve never had it before!
This tasty cucumber salad is bursting with so much flavor, you’ll forget you’re eating healthy!
What to Pair It With
- Salmon Yaki Onigiri Recipe
- Gochujang Ribs
- Crispy Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
- Japanese Egg Salad Sandwich
- Tonkatsu Pork Chop
Did You Make This Recipe & Hungry for More?
Follow along @MikhaEats on Instagram and Tiktok for drool-worthy step-by-step videos. Tag @MikhaEats on Instagram stories for a chance to be featured!
And don't forget to rate this recipe with 5 stars below so others can enjoy it as well!
Korean Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 1 kirby or English cucumber cut in ¼-inch thick disks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru Korean chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Place a colander or sieve inside of a large bowl. Place cucumbers in the colander then sprinkle with salt. Mix well and allow the cucumber to drain excess liquid for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the rest of the ingredients except the sesame seeds in a large bow. Set aside.
- Once the cucumbers are done soaking, gently pat the cucumbers dry to remove any excess moisture.
- Transfer the cucumbers into the bowl with the seasonings. Mix well and top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and provided for informational purposes. Nutrition may vary based on product availability, methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients, etc. For the most accurate nutritional information, use your preferred nutrition calculator, actual ingredients, and quantities used for the recipe. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian if more precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Why no recipes on Pinterest? I just followed you hoping to see some soon!