This quick veggie side dish is SO easy and delicious… And the best part is that you won’t have to dirty any pots or pans! This Korean cucumber salad recipe is perfect when you’re tight on time (or lazy like me haha) to make an elaborate vegetable side. There’s beauty (and deliciousness!) in simplicity!
Korean Cucumber Salad Recipe
I’ll admit, I’m not the hugest fan of salads. BUT when it’s spiced up just right, THAT’S a different story! This Korean cucumber salad, or oi muchim, is oh so tangy, just a little spicy, and addictively crunchy. It’s the ULTIMATE summertime snack or side.
In Korean, “oi” means cucumber, and “muchim” means tossed in seasonings. When all of the spicy, nutty, and bright seasonings are combined, you’ll get an explosion of texture and flavors. You’ll find yourself going back for more!
You are just a few minutes away from sinking your teeth into a light, crisp, and refreshing cucumber salad like you’ve never had it before!
This tasty cucumber salad is bursting with so much flavor, you’ll forget you’re eating healthy! The freshness from the cucumbers pair so well with the smoky & tender Kalbi!
What to Pair It With
- Salmon Yaki Onigiri Recipe
- Gochujang Ribs
- Crispy Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
- Japanese Egg Salad Sandwich
- Tonkatsu Pork Chop
Let's Get Cooking!
Subscribe to my Goody-Packed Newsletters stuffed with time-saving tips, game-changing cooking tools, & first access to new recipes that makes life easier & more delicious! Get them straight to your inbox so you never go hangry 😉
Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad - Oi Muchim
- Place a colander or sieve inside of a large bowl. Place cucumbers in the colander then sprinkle with salt. Mix well and allow the cucumber to drain excess liquid for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the rest of the ingredients except the sesame seeds in a large bow. Set aside.
- Once the cucumbers are done soaking, gently pat the cucumbers dry to remove any excess moisture.
- Transfer the cucumbers into the bowl with the seasonings. Mix well and top with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Exact calculations may vary. For the most accurate nutritional information, use your preferred nutrition calculator, actual ingredients, and quantities used for the recipe. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian if more precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.