There’s nothing quite like cooling down from the scorching summer heat than with a refreshing summer drink! Luckily for you, this creamy lemonade will do the trick and is incredibly easy to put together!
This homemade summer drink is a spin-off refreshing Brazilian lemonade. Traditionally, Brazillian lemonade is made with fresh whole limes balanced with sweetened condensed milk. It’s absolutely thirst-quenching in the brutal summer heat!
For this recipe, we’ll use zesty lemons and strawberry Calpico as a twist! Strawberry Calpico adds an additional layer of creaminess and fruitiness. Who could say no to that?!
Stirring in lemon syrup is another way to pack in much more flavor! It’s sweet. It’s zesty. It takes this refreshing summer drink to a whole new level!
Yes, it’s an extra step, but I promise it’s worth it! Plus, it’ll make your home smell AMAZING in the process haha.
Traditional or a Tasty Twist
- Timeless Classic: Swap out lemons for limes and omit the strawberry Calpico for delicious traditional Brazilian lemonade!
- Crushed Fresh Fruit: Smash up some fresh strawberries or raspberries to top off your refreshing summer drink. Then, boom! Even more flavor and texture all in one move!
Let's Get Cooking!
Subscribe to my Goody-Packed Newsletters stuffed with time-saving tips, game-changing cooking tools, & first access to new recipes that makes life easier & more delicious! Get them straight to your inbox so you never go hangry 😉
- 2 lemons zested
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup strawberry Calpico
- ¼ cup condensed milk
For Serving (Optional)
- 6 lemon slices
Make Lemon Syrup
- In a bowl, combine the zest of 1 lemon and sugar until zest is well coated. Cover in plastic wrap to sit for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- Transfer to a small pot and pour in water. Heat on medium and bring to a simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved and the ingredients create a syrup. Avoid stirring while cooking so the sugar doesn't crystalize. If you need to mix the sugar and lemon zest, gently swirl the pot.
- Turn off heat, remove the lemon zest, and set aside to cool.
Make Strawberry Lemonade
- In a pitcher, combine the lemonade ingredients and lemon syrup. This drink is best served cold / chilled. If you use ice, you may want to add more condensed milk or syrup since ice will dilute the flavor. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired. Enjoy!
- Adjusting Creaminess & Sweetness: If you want your drink extra creamy, add more condensed milk, but also keep in mind that it'll also add more sweetness. You can add the lemon syrup last so you can have better control of the lemonade's sweetness.
- Alternatives: Instead of Calpico, feel free to swap it out with smashed raspberries and / or strawberries.
Exact calculations may vary. For the most accurate nutritional information, use your preferred nutrition calculator, actual ingredients, and quantities used for the recipe. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian if more precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.