Make the most refreshing summertime pick-me-up that’ll put a pep in your step! This strawberry matcha latte recipe is SO refreshing with chunks of juicy strawberries, a delicate taste of matcha, and a light creaminess of the milk. It’s guaranteed to be love at first sip!
Strawberry Matcha Latte Recipe
This refreshing recipe is inspired by one of my favorite boba shops when I used to live in San Francisco - Boba Guys. This is one of their most popular drinks and for good reason!
It’s the ultimate summertime drink with luscious strawberries swirled together with earthy matcha and creamy milk. It’s a beautiful symphony of flavors and if you’re feeling extra, you can add in some homemade boba *chef’s kiss*.
Tips for Making The BEST Homemade Strawberry Matcha Latte
- Fresh Strawberries are NOT Best: Ordinarily, I LOVE fresh strawberries - but not for this recipe. Frozen strawberries that have been thawed are significantly juicier and sweeter since they’re frozen at their ripest (aka before they spoil).
- Choosing the Right Milk for the Layered Effect: I recommend using half & half or oat milk in this recipe because it’s heavier milk and isn’t as diluted with water. Almond milk, for example, has much more water and you may have a harder time creating layers because it’ll quickly blend with the water from the matcha.
- Avoid Watering Down Your Drink: Remember, the more ice you add in your drink, the more watered down it could become, so I recommend not adding too much to your drink. It's also easier to create layers without or with limited ice!
- Tools to Make Life Easier: When creating the layers in your drink, slow and steady wins the race! You want to pour your milk and matcha very, very, very slowly using a something with a spout (such as a measuring cup with a spout) for easy pouring that doesn’t immediately combine in the cup. To help slow down the pour even more, pour the milk and match over the back of a spoon as a buffer. You’ll get much better results!
Did You Make This Recipe & Hungry for More?
Follow along @MikhaEats on Instagram and Tiktok for drool-worthy step-by-step videos. Tag @MikhaEats on Instagram stories for a chance to be featured!
And don't forget to rate this recipe with 5 stars below so others can enjoy it as well!
Strawberry Matcha Latte Recipe
- ½ cup frozen strawberries thawed
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- ¼ cup hot water
- ½ cup half & half or oat milk*
- 1 tablespoon condensed milk
- ice optional
- 1 fresh strawberry cut a slit to place on the rim of the cup, optional for garnish
- In a bowl, combine thawed strawberries and honey. Using a fork, mash the strawberries to release their juices and achieve your desired consistency (if you like it extra smooth, you can run through a sieve but I love strawberry bits in my drink!) Set aside.
- Pour hot water into a bowl then sift matcha powder into the water. The sifting helps reduce the chance of creating matcha clumps. Stir until matcha is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a separate cup, mix together the milk and condensed milk until the condensed milk is dissolved. Set aside.
Assemble Strawberry Matcha Latte
- In a cup, evenly layer the strawberry puree, then pour in ice cubes.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture over the back of a spoon and into the cup for a layered effect. It's easiest if you're pouring the milk from a container with a spout, such as a measuring cup.
- Slowly pour in matcha using the same technique.
- Serve with a strawberry on the cup rim, if desired. Enjoy!
- Strawberries: I highly recommend using thawed strawberries because they are much sweeter, juicer, and flavorful. If you only have fresh strawberries available, you may want to add a little more honey.
- Milk: When choosing which milk to use, I highly recommend using milk with higher density if you’d like to create a layered look in your drink. If you use milk with higher water content, such as almond milk, the matcha will mix much easier with the milk and you won’t achieve the layered effect.
- Condensed Milk: Condensed milk is another way to take your matcha latte to the next level! It adds sweetness and additional creaminess at the same time. I don't recommend skipping it!
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and provided for informational purposes. Nutrition may vary based on product availability, methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients, etc. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian if precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.