Is it just me or have you ever wondered what’s in that rich and creamy Vietnamese avocado smoothie recipe at boba cafes? I mean, they’re deliciously sweet, velveting smooth, and completely luscious. How can you not wonder, right?!
I know for sure, though, that making this smoothie at home is guaranteed to be the BEST avocado smoothie. How do I know? Because you can perfectly adjust it to your tastebuds!
The CREAMIEST Vietnamese Avocado Smoothie Recipe
This rich smoothie, also known as Sinh To Bo, is highly customizable once you know the essential ingredients.
- Avocados: Hass Avocados is the preferred avocado of choice for this smoothie because it’s creamier than its alternatives - which is what we’re going for! To make your drink even richer, slice and freeze the avocados for a thick texture similar to ice cream.
- Sweetness: Condensed milk adds a thick layer of creaminess while also sweetening the drink. I’ll admit that I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so I tend to go light on sugar. But that’s the great thing about making your own drink! Adjust the sweetness to your preference! You can also swap out condensed milk for honey or sugar if you’re in a pinch.
- Milk: The milk helps make this drink silky smooth. Feel free to experiment with dairy and non-dairy options. I do find that oat milk gives the creamiest non-dairy texture!
- Ice: One thing to keep in mind with the ice is to go easy! The more ice you add, the more watered down your Vietnamese avocado smoothie will become. Add just enough ice to chill and thicken the drink without diluting it.
And there you have it! Mystery solved of creating this decadent smoothie! If you’re feeling fancy and want to go the extra mile, try adding in some homemade boba too! Try out this Vietnamese avocado smoothie recipe and let me know what variation you used.
Did You Make This Recipe & Hungry for More?
Follow along @MikhaEats on Instagram and Tiktok for drool-worthy step-by-step videos. Tag @MikhaEats on Instagram stories for a chance to be featured!
And don't forget to rate this recipe with 5 stars below so others can enjoy it as well!
Vietnamese Avocado Smoothie Recipe
- 1 ½ medium Haas avocado
- ½ cup ice
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons condensed milk adjust to your sweetness level
- Cut avocado in half, remove the pit, and avocado from the peel.
- Optional: If you have the extra time, slice avocado and place them on a tray lined with wax paper. Freeze the avocado for an hour before blending with the rest of the ingredients. This creates an extra creamy and fluffy texture in your smoothie. If you aren’t able to freeze the avocado, your smoothie will be slightly denser but still absolutely delicious!
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
- Adjusting Sweetness: I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so this avocado smoothie just has a touch of sweetness, but adjust the recipe to your liking! If you want your drink sweet, add more condensed milk.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and provided for informational purposes. Nutrition may vary based on product availability, methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients, etc. For the most accurate nutritional information, use your preferred nutrition calculator, actual ingredients, and quantities used for the recipe. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian if more precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.