Let me introduce you to the INSANELY delicious stir-fry you’re missing out on. For those of you who have never had a tomato and egg stir-fry, it’s SUPER easy to dismiss. You may even question “Seriously?! What’s the big deal?!” BUT, for the people who have tried it, you know the magic that comes from just a few simple pantry ingredients that amazingly transform into a mouthwatering meal!
The Fastest Stir-Fry EVER!
This quick-fix food takes only 10 minutes to put together with only 6 ingredients. It’s the perfect recipe to reach for when hanger sets in and someone needs food NOW. (Btw, in our home, that someone is usually me LOL).
Let me be clear though, even when it’s not used for emergency purposes, this tomato egg stir-fry is just so comforting and delicious. It’s a true example that an amazing meal doesn’t have to include expensive ingredients or fancy gadgets.
The trick to making the BEST tomato and egg stir-fry is that you need to use very ripe tomatoes, the freshest eggs possible, and a good quality soy sauce (I use Lee Kum Kee's light soy sauce!). Since there are only a few ingredients, quality makes a huge difference.
Super ripe tomatoes are much juicier. This creates a velvety sauce when it’s combined with the soy sauce and it’s mouthwateringly good. Excuse me… I’m drooling just thinking about it.
What to Pair with Tomato and Egg Stir-Fry
For quick-fix food, these eggs go perfectly with a hot steamy bowl of rice. However, don’t be afraid to venture outside of the box!
These eggs are delicately seasoned, making them incredibly versatile to pair with. Here are some other favorite combos:
- 10-Minute Chili Garlic Noodles
- Korean Honey Potatoes
- Spinach Garlic Stir-Fry
- Salmon Yaki Onigiri
- Miso Roasted Cauliflower
Did You Make This Recipe & Hungry for More?
Follow along @MikhaEats on Instagram and Tiktok for drool-worthy step-by-step videos. Tag @MikhaEats on Instagram stories for a chance to be featured!
And don't forget to rate this recipe with 5 stars below so others can enjoy it as well!
Tomato Egg Stir-Fry
- 4 eggs beaten
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 ripe tomatoes cut into ½-inch wedges
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Heat a wok on medium-high heat. Add about a tablespoon of oil then pour in beaten eggs. Stir occasionally and cook until the eggs are just set. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add in about a tablespoon more oil then, add garlic and cook for a few seconds, until soft and fragrant.
- Toss in tomatoes and sprinkle on sugar. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, or until soft and juicy. Occasionally, gently pressing the tomatoes to extract more of the juices.
- Pour in the soy sauce along the edges of the pan to create a nice char, then mix together.
- Add the eggs back in, along with the green onions. Cook for a few seconds, paying close attention not to overcook the eggs.
- Serve with hot steamy rice and enjoy!
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and provided for informational purposes. Nutrition may vary based on product availability, methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients, etc. For the most accurate nutritional information, use your preferred nutrition calculator, actual ingredients, and quantities used for the recipe. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian if more precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Leave a Reply