Ready for the juiciest and tender chicken wings!? These air fryer chicken wings in soy sauce are made with simple pantry items, but pack a punch of flavor! Let the marinade do the heavy lifting, then they’ll only need to cook for a few minutes before you have some finger-licking good wings!
Preparing Air Fryer Chicken Wings in Soy Sauce
My favorite thing about these wings is how incredibly simple to make! It truly proves that you don’t need complex ingredients or spend hours in the kitchen to get an incredibly delicious meal. The marinade has a savory umami flavor from the soy sauce, sweetness from the honey, and is balanced with just a touch of vinegar.
This marinade is great as is, but extremely versatile too! Instead of using honey, you could swap it out with regular white sugar or brown sugar. Want it a little spicy? Toss in a chili or two to satisfy your spice craving!
Our method of choice is cooking these bad boys in the air fryer. You get to shave off a few minutes of cooking time and the soy sauce chicken wings turn beautifully golden, juicy, and addicting!
If you don’t have an air fryer, don’t sweat it! I got you covered. You can follow the same recipe, but cook the wings at 385 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. You’ll get amazing results too!
These air fryer chicken wings in soy sauce are so delicious and great for a quick meal! When you eat wings, do you normally go for the wings or drummettes? Let me know in the comments below!
Did You Make This Recipe & Hungry for More?
Follow along @MikhaEats on Instagram and Tiktok for drool-worthy step-by-step videos. Tag @MikhaEats on Instagram stories for a chance to be featured!
And don't forget to rate this recipe with 5 stars below so others can enjoy it as well!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings in Soy Sauce
- 5 garlic cloves grated
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 8 oz chicken wings pat dry
- In an airtight container or Ziplock bag, combine all of the ingredients, except chicken wings. Mix until smooth.
- Add in chicken wings. Make sure the wings are well coated then marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Shake excess marinade off wings and cook wings for 10 - 12 minutes, checking in at the 10-minute mark. Flip halfway through.
- Serve with a side of steamy hot rice and / or veggies and enjoy!
- Regular / Light Soy Sauce: Regular or light soy sauce is much more accessible at any grocery store and is used for its salty flavor.
- Dark Soy Sauce: Dark soy sauce is used for the beautiful rich color it gives food and can be easily found at local Asian markets or Amazon. If you have trouble finding it, you can omit it but keep in mind that your wings will not be as dark.
Nutrition information is calculated by software based on the ingredients in each recipe. It is an estimate only and provided for informational purposes. Nutrition may vary based on product availability, methods of preparation, origin, and freshness of ingredients, etc. For the most accurate nutritional information, use your preferred nutrition calculator, actual ingredients, and quantities used for the recipe. Please consult with your physician or registered dietitian if more precise nutrition calculations are needed for health reasons.
Leave a Reply